Stocks - Tesla Volatile in Pre-market; Dropbox, News Corp Sink; ExOne Plummets
Stocks in focus in pre-market trade Friday:
• Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) stock rose 0.51% by 8:05 AM ET (12:05 GMT), but was volatile, after reports that board was seeking more information on Elon Musk’s financing plan. A source told CNBC that the board was taking the $420 per share offer seriously and was planning to meet on the issue next week, asking Musk to recuse himself.
• Dropbox (NASDAQ:DBX) stock slumped 7.35% despite better than expected earnings. The company announced that its chief operating officer, Dennis Woodside, is stepping down.
• News Corp (NASDAQ:NWSA) stock slid 3.28% as the company reported a full-year fiscal 2017/18 loss of $1.4 billion, compared to $643 million in the prior fiscal year.
• The ExOne Company (NASDAQ:XONE) stock plummeted 19.60% as the company reported second-quarter results that missed on the top and bottom lines.
• Overstockcom Inc (NASDAQ:OSTK) stock rocketed 22.02% as it announced that private equity firm GSR Capitalwill invest up to $374.55 million in both the company and its blockchain subsidiary tZero.